Monday, July 23, 2012

Meet Saralinda and Mark


All of last week and this week, I have been and will continue to be painting quick oil-sketches of passersby on masonite panels outside of the Corcoran Gallery and THE ARC. The finished sketches are bolted to the outside of one of the HFA studios erected in front of the Gallery. When the project comes down at the end of August, people are invited to come back and take their loose portrait sketches free of charge!

Saralinda and Mark stopped by my easel at the Corcoran on Saturday after their visits to the George Bellows and Richard Diebenkorn exhibits in town. They braved cold rain water splashing off the tarps and down their backs to have their quick likenesses painted, and I am so glad that they did! It was a true highlight of the week to meet this hilarious couple! As the Director of School Programs for an art museum and an attorney representing artists, Saralinda and Mark knew their stuff in artistically, and yet kept me laughing with stories about marital negotiations over kitchen paint colors and mother-in-laws!
Meeting them confirmed again how lucky I am to have this opportunity to get to know people that I might otherwise have missed. Thanks for the chuckles and conversation, Saralinda and Mark!

(These portrait sketches are part of a series of quick little oil paintings that I have been making in preparation for the eighth large portrait in my project AS IS. You can learn more about the project by clicking here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...