Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Meet Fitz

Fitz wandered past me at THEARC one day as I was packing up to go. I mentioned that I would be back the next morning about ten o'clock. When I arrived the next day, he was waiting to have his portrait painted in a crisp white shirt with his saxophone case in hand. 

Fitz is a musician in a military band and thinks that it is the best job in the word. He composes jazz songs with names like "People Makes the World" and "Springtime Bring the Rain. " He is starting a program that brings music to youth. 

It was so pleasant talking to you, Fitz. Thank you for the conversation and the gift of your songs!

(This portrait sketch is one of a series of quick little oil paintings that I have been making in preparation for the eighth large portrait in my project AS IS. You can learn more about the project by clicking here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...