Monday, February 28, 2011

Why Didn't I Think of That?!

image via
 Friends, my life has changed for the better! Above is a standard palette, probably laying flat on a table next to an easel. I've been painting with this set-up for as long as I can remember. The problem is that this causes a delay between mixing a color and applying it to the canvas.

via 




Enter the vertical palette! Why have I not thought of this before?! I read an article about David Kassan who uses an arrangement in his studio similar to the one in the picture to the right. (I wish I could find a picture of his actual palette to share.) Anyway, he has a glass insert set onto a backing toned the same color as his painting surface, and propped on an easel beside his work. Brilliant!

As soon as I reach a good stopping point with a few of the projects that I'm working on, I'm going to make a vertical palette of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...