Friday, February 10, 2012

Happy Friday!

Do you ever read the Missed Connections section of your paper? I do. So does artist, Sophie Blackball. She finds her favorites and makes illustrations to match. Here is the message printed in Time Out New York magazine that inspired her illustration above:

"You were wearing an average office suit with an admirably messy haircut. I was the girl with brown curly hair and a blouse with horses on it. We did that awkward back-and-forth shuffle of two strangers trying to pass each other on the street; then you grabbed me and gently swirled me in a mini waltz in the middle of the lunchtime shoppers and angry passersby. I would understand that moment if it happened now – two people sharing a delicate second in a day that hadn't gone to plan. But no, when it happened I was in my awkward early-twenties, so I just frowned, trudged away and hoped no one had noticed. Thanks for making my day."

Happy Friday, Friends! I hope that this weekend brings you your own sweet stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...