Thursday, October 27, 2011

From the Studio

Friends, I'm sorry that I've been a bit MIA this week. The Fall is always busy with back-to-back commissions booked for the winter holiday gift season. Whenever I am working on a painting for someone, I invite the person who has commissioned it to stop by my studio anytime they like to see the work in progress. So I thought I would start sharing a few shots with you as well. (Please excuse the poor photography. It is becoming painfully clear that I should have taken a pass on one of those interesting courses in favor of that basic photography class in school. Sigh.)
Here's the beginning of a New York cityscape from a few commissions back. There is something kind of lonely in a Hopper-esque sense that I really love about this...
... but a little more hustle and bustle was more fitting for the purpose of the commission.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...