Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Match: Self Dissected Edition

{Every week I post an image of an interior that reminds me of a work of art either in its palette, composition or mood.}

 photo credit: Jean-Marc Palisse. Designer ?
Frida Kahlo, Le Due Frida
* This room reminds me of Kahlo's painting not only because of the obvious references to human organs, but also because of the mirror as a symbol of self reflection, and the two chairs (red and blue) as stand-ins for the two sides of oneself. I also like that Kahlo's palette is a keyed-up version of the interior's palette, and that both images include a set of outstretched hands.



2 comments:

  1. Holy ****

    I'm pretty much flabbergasted. I know you see this too, but I love how the metal/plaster details under the table mimic the cloud shapes.

    Love hearing a bit of what you think.

    P.S. I am kind of copying your idea, only in a way that is far less cerebral and arty -- matching interiors to interiors. Just so you know. I think in the next post I should credit you for the idea.
    Camille

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Fantastic!

    And I'd love to see your blog. Please provide a link for your next match. (No need to credit ;) though I'm flattered!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...