Thursday, July 21, 2011

ESCAPE


Friends, I have not been sleeping well and I'm blaming my recent obsession with the theory of escape velocity. Specifically, I've been waking up at ungodly hours thinking about how it could relate to lifespan. Yeah, yeah, technically the idea only applies to ballistic trajectories (or thrown objects for all us non-physicsy types.) 

What has me up though is the possibility that the death rate slows at the extremes of age. The concept is related to inertia in that things and people in motion tend to stay in motion. 

images via
I'm not really sure why I can't get my hooks out of that idea. Maybe it's the understanding that art making is a habit, put into motion by force of will and willful ignorance of its perils, with the objective of breaking free of the usual orbit. In any case, I woke up thinking that if there is any truth to it, I better get moving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...