Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Meet Manuella Lea


Manuella Lea is a graphic designer who stopped by my easel at the Corcoran on her lunch break. One of her jobs is to visually manipulate text on book covers so that they will look the same regardless of the language in which that they are printed. (I had never considered this before, but now I am wondering about all of the other things in our everyday experience which are altered for easier consumption!)

She celebrates a big birthday soon which has her reflecting on the past decisions she has made in her life. She wants to celebrate with a trip around the world, but she hasn't booked it yet, and besides, travel is such a hassle.

Happy Birthday, Manuella Lea! It was a joy to meet you and I hope that whatever you do to celebrate, the year will be filled with happiness and promise!

(This portrait sketch is one of a series of quick little oil paintings that I have been making in preparation for the eighth large portrait in my project AS IS. You can learn more about the project by clicking here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...