Monday, April 30, 2012

Monday Match: Into the Deep Edition

{Every week I post an image of an interior that reminds me of a work of art either in its palette, composition or mood. I hope that you enjoy!}
Ito Jakuchu, Lotus Pond and Fish
*I am so upset that I did not get a chance to see Jakuchu's silk paintings at the National Gallery of Art last week! Did you? A friend tells me that they have changed the way that she makes art! 
The interior above reminds me of this painting in its composition and color. Each has an empty space at its center for things to float through (dust sparkles/fish) that imparts a kind of peaceful dynamism, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. I love these and your artists' interpretation. So educational!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...